NEWSPAPER ARTICLE ANALYSIS AND DISCUSSION
- Select a newspaper article (New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, or other appropriate quality journalism cite) which addresses a current Employment Law topic. A good place to look would be in the business pages or an analysis of a Supreme Court decision. You should select a news article and not an “opinion” piece.
- Summarize the article. Ensure that you identify the source of the article and date in your summary. In addition, you should attach the article or provide a link to it so we can read the original article. The heading for your post should contain a short title that will entice other students to read your article. Do not simply “copy” large portions of the article. The writing skill of summarizing will be evaluated.
- Identify and describe/explain any legal or ethical issue(s) and their relationship to the context of proper HR management
- Discuss how the event/case/issue is relevant to the course. i.e. it addresses and expands on material discussed in a specific chapter etc. Be specific.
- Discuss the implications of the current event and any legal and/or ethical issues in the context of employment in the domestic and/or global business environment.