1. Enter the data you found in the article you read for Assignment 3 in the “Assignment 3 Results” discussion page. The idea is to share this information with your classmates. It will add to the knowledge of those who are covering the same topic as you, as well as provide some information about a topic for those who are not covering it. Discussion posts due by Friday at Midnight.
2. Open the “Surveys” power point and read it. It may also help to review the survey section of chapter 4 in the text. This will help in completing your Assignment 4.
3. Read Chapter 5; PPT from last week duplicated in this week’s folder again.
4. Complete Assignment 4,
Provide a summary of what you learned in your research from Assignment 3. This will be one post. Then, ask a question or provide an issue of concern/discussion based on what you learned/read about your topic. And in a 3rd post, answer a classmate’s question/issue.
What else do you feel that older citizens, over the age of 65, can do to stay healthy and to live a longer life? Answer
The authors studied the association between female and male alcohol intakes at the time of conception and the risk of spontaneous abortion, including early pregnancy loss detected by urinary human chorionic gonadotropin. Alcohol administered in high doses to males and females around the time ofconception or during early pregnancy increases the frequency of embryonal resorption, chromosomal abnormalities in the offspring, and fetal deaths in some animals. In humans, the association between alcohol consumption and clinically recognized or self-reported spontaneous abortion is less clear. Women with a very high alcohol intake have been shown to be at increased risk of preterm delivery and stillbirth.After a nationwide mailing to about 50,000 members of four trade unions in Denmark in 1992–1994, 430 couples without previous pregnancy attempts were enrolled when birth control was discontinued, and they were followed until a clinically recognized pregnancy or for six menstrual cycles. Alcoholintake and potential confounding factors were reported in monthly questionnaires. Of the 186 pregnancies, 131 resulted in delivery of a child, and 55 were spontaneously aborted. Of the abortions, 34 were detected only by urinary HCG before or at 6 completed gestational weeks. The 21 clinically recognized abortions occurred in the interval after 6 and by 15 completed gestational weeks.
A high intake of alcohol by women or their partners was associated with a higher frequency of spontaneous abortions than was a low intake. Women who experienced a spontaneous abortion were older and had, on average, longer menstrual cycles, a higher caffeine intake, and partners with a higher caffeine intake than did women who gave birth. No association was found between spontaneous abortion and the partner’s smoking habits, partner’s age, body mass index, and partner’s reproductive illnesses; contraception last used; education for both man and woman; or hours at work for both partners ( YK). Agree or Disagree
The purpose of the study was to check the correlation between a child’s progression in numerous developmental aspects and the involvement of their father. A large portion of these studies focus on the mother of the child while researching her age, race, ethnicity, education, socioeconomic status, environment, etc. This is a study of the father’s background, involvement, and relationship with the child. This included the National Children’s Study which focuses on children’s health and development in the United States. This was mandated by Children’s Health Act of 2000 which incorporated data collection while investigating the amount of involvement the father has with the child. Items noted were population surveillance, child welfare statistics, maternal welfare statistics, and poverty statistics. The results of the study were obvious as the more involvement the father had with the child, the higher percentage in each category (level of education, income, living environment quality, and other things related to socioeconomic status). Much of the research was cost-effective because of public records and brief interviews with the subjects (WK). Agree or Disagree
Week 6 Discussions and Assignment 4 Instructions
It may help to have your results from assignment 3 handy.
If you haven’t done so, please read the “Surveys” power point and review the survey section of chapter 4 in the text.
Discussion Posts for this week: Before Friday at midnight, post a summary of the results of your assignment 3 research on the discussion page labeled “Week 6 Discussion: Assignment 3 Results”. Don’t forget an original question of your own, and a post with a response to a classmate’s question/issue. This is worth the usual 4 points for discussion.
1. Based on the information you discovered in assignment 3 (using the information your found, AND feel free to even use information provided by your classmates’ discussion posts – who have your same topic – in Part 1 above), construct a survey of 5-10 questions that you would want to ask your hypothetical population. This is an attempt to find out what your targeted population NEEDS – information, correct methods, assurance that they can do it, reminders, etc
2. Remember, the “Surveys” power point gives you some information about how to do this so your sample of persons from your targeted population who take the survey will be able to fill it out and provide good, accurate information (after all, the information we gather is only as good as the right question that asks it!). Follow those suggestions for formatting and question structure.
3. The questions should be informed by the information you gathered in assignment 3. For example, if you found that parents were unaware/unsure about an immunization schedule, you might ask a question about that. (i.e., “Have you received sufficient information from your child’s health care provider about the childhood immunization schedule?” Perhaps it is a multiple choice one, or has a scale from 1 to 5, unlikely to most likely. It is up to you.
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!