) Why in the late nineteenth century did it become untenable for the United States to adhere to its traditional isolation from world affairs?
(2) What were the causes of World War I? What made it a world war?
(3) What were the domestic and foreign causes of the Great Depression? How did President Hoover respond to the economic emergency?
(4) Describe Keynesian economic policies. How important were they to the New Deal?
(5) What was the impact of World War II on the everyday life of the majority of Americans?
(6) In what ways did World War II contribute to the growth of the federal government? How did it foster what historians now call the military industrial complex?