This is a preview of an assignment submited on our website by a student. If you need help with this question or any assignment help, click on the order button below and get started. We guarantee quality, 100% plagiarism free work or your money back.
- Remember to use a Word .doc or .docx file format to ensure I can open your work. See the Grading Information in the syllabus.
- Please do use APA to reference your response. Create a reference list at the end and use the (author, year) format within the text; or, if it is a direct quote, the (author, year, page number) format.
Part A (Applied Research – 40% of the assignment score) –
Located in Illinois for the last 8 years, your organization is a medium-sized company in the medical supplies industry. The Vice President of Operations stopped in your office to discuss a recent loss of staff. He said he has lost 3 key leaders in the last 4 months. In addition to 2 more employees he fired, several frontline workers have quit. As a good HR Director, you recognize that it would be wise to do a complete investigation of the turnover.
In a maximum of 2 double-spaced pages, explain:
- a)How would you evaluate whether the experienced turnover is a problem?
- b)What data/metrics would you gather and consider from the HRIS (Human Resource Information System) and/or external sources?
Consult additional sources in the HR literature, beyond the course readings, to formulate your response.
Part B (Knowledge of Weeks 4-6 Readings) (60% of assignment value)
Please answer the following questions within a maximum of 2 double-spaced pages. Note the limit requires you to be concise in synthesizing all the input from the classroom material and any external literature you gather.
- Assume an organization wants to gauge the success of its total rewards program. Discuss at least two possible metrics or outcomes it might use. Be sure to explain why you chose the metrics you discuss and how they are indicative of a successful total rewards program.
- Given what you have learned about employee relations and labor relations, explain whether it is possible for an HR practitioner to be an effective advocate for both employees and the organization at the same time? Why or why not?
- Explain how an organization’s labor relations and employee relations policies and practices impact the organization’s total rewards programs. Give a specific example to illustrate the key relationship you propose.