The Meso Level Leadership (Care Clinic Improvement Project)
Care Clinic Scenario: The Executive Team of Care Clinic prides itself in the care that is provided to the community of Summerville, Florida. The Clinic is known for holistic approach to the individuals served at the clinic as well as presenting various community outreach programs. Annually, the Executive Team of Care Clinic reviews the client satisfaction benchmark results related to client service and quality indicators. The scores have substantially decreased in the past 12 months in the categories of client satisfaction and quality care.
To assist in understanding the quality issues related to client care occurring within the Care Clinic, you are provided with two videos of client situations that have been recorded using Second Life. You are also required to enter Second Life to observe actions and conversations occurring within the Care Clinic. When viewing the videos and participating within the Care Clinic located in Second Life, consider yourself to be the manager and identify quality care issues consistent with decreasing client satisfaction scores. From your leadership perspective, determine how the declining benchmarks can be addressed and improved. Discuss the actions/changes that need to be implemented in order to improve the satisfaction scores and attained Care Clinic quality outcomes.
The Care Clinic Improvement Project will need to be completed by the end of week six of this course and requires that each of the following areas to be addressed.
1. Identify ONE satisfaction benchmark that you will be addressing and why this benchmark has been selected. Select the ONE client satisfaction benchmark from the following list:
2. Decrease in client satisfaction scores related to courtesy and friendliness of staff at the Care Clinic.
3. Decrease in client satisfaction scores related to staff explaining discharge instructions in a manner that is understandable to the client/client.
4. Decrease in the quality nursing care related to interventions provided to clients at the Clinic.
5. Describe the leadership dynamics related to how the improvement/change project will be managed.
6. Identify the change model that will be used in addressing the selected benchmark.
7. Describe the course of action/change.
Due: Week 6
NR 504 Week 6 Discussion Question/Answer: Lippitt’s Phases of Change Theory
Describe the fundamental elements of a model for change, such as steps involved in the process, approach in mobilizing the change process, and what is … to sustain the results.