Design Specification ( Project Proposal )
The purpose of this CubeSat is to measure the weather and climate change over the east coast.
Proposes to develop stakeholder (NASA) requirements, context level architecture, system level … for the cubesat process.
Stakeholder and statement of need:
Principal customer is NASA. The principal user will be – whoever is responsible for weather control data.
NASA needs a Cubesat that provides 24/7 weather and climate surveillance.
System Functionality / Capability
• Detect weather and climate patterns in a timely manner
• Covers the east coast
• Transmit collected data to data control center
• Receive command from the ground mission operation centers
• Navigate in space
Measures of effectiveness
• How do we put a number or measure the effectiveness of weather measurement?
• Put a geographical number
• Frequency or timing measurement
• How do we measure how well it received command?
• Compare to GPS
Systems Context & Description