Research Paper Instructions:
Choose one of the topics listed below to write an 8-10 page research paper on. (8-10 pages excluding the title page, reference list, appendices) Your paper MUST be in APA Format.
Do not include quotes in your work. I want to see your critical thinking skills on display and not a string of quotes written by published authors. Your analysis is what is needed for a successful paper. At this point in your educational journey, you should have solid substance and proper academic formatting in your college-level writing assignments. Students will be graded on both so make sure you turn in your best work. Do not wait until the last minute to research, write, format, and edit. Proper time management is required to turn in a quality paper that highlights your criminal justice writing.
This is a major assignment so please follow the instructions carefully.
1. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that discusses one of the following 6 areas in which police departments have historically been found to be defective or deficient:
a.) a constitutional issue b.) due process, C.) civil rights, d.) use of deadly force and police brutality, e.) abuse of discretion, f.) corruption and police-community relations.
2. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that discusses illegal drug use, illegal prostitution, and money laundering.
3. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that compares and contrasts the problems associated with defining and determining the frequency of corporate crime in the United States.
4. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that examines one of the various theories that explain crime.
5. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that critiques middle-class delinquencys relationship to gangs.
Use the APUS library to find at least five, peer-reviewed articles that cover your chosen topic from the list above. Again, you are required to use scholarly, peer-reviewed journals, in-text citations, and provide a reference page for this paper.